INNIO Group’s Waukesha center of excellence wins Southern Gas Association’s top community service award
• Following a tragic incident during the Waukesha community’s 2021 Christmas parade, INNIO Group’s Waukesha team increased its sponsorships and participation in community events
• With more than 1,500 votes cast across 15 nominees, the Waukesha center of excellence was recognized with the Southern Gas Association’s (SGA) community service award
• SGA’s prestigious peer recognition program showcases leading natural gas companies across the United States and Canada with best-in-class programs
WAUKESHA, WISCONSIN – August 2, 2023 — INNIO Group’s (INNIO*) Waukesha* center of excellence was named the winner of the Southern Gas Association’s community service award. The announcement was made on June 13, 2023, during the Natural Gas Connect conference and expo in Louisville, KY.
A member of its namesake city since 1906, the Waukesha team increased its community participation and sponsorships following a Nov. 21, 2021, tragic incident during the City of Waukesha’s annual Christmas parade. With the goal of bringing together the community and honoring the city’s strength and resilience, Waukesha employees sponsored and participated in a number of City of Waukesha events in 2022 including:
- Providing a parade float during the city’s 4th of July parade, a staple of Waukesha’s Independence Day celebrations. The float showcased INNIO’s reUp program for remanufactured Waukesha engines, which are produced at its facility in Waukesha. Employees accompanied the engines along the parade route and handed out various goodies to people in the crowd.
- Sponsoring a free concert in a local park in August 2022 as part of the city’s Tribute Tuesday program.
- Sponsoring the August movie presentation as part of the city’s Monday Night Movies in the Park series, a favorite with City of Waukesha families.
- Offering a multitude of free, family-friendly activities during Waukesha Unlocked, an initiative in which the City of Waukesha invites businesses, churches, historical landmarks, and others to open their doors and give members of the community a behind-the-scenes look at what takes place at their facility. The Waukesha team’s offerings included a petting zoo, face painting, and bounce houses. Additionally, guests were invited to tour INNIO’s reUp remanufacturing operations for Waukesha engines, giving attendees a glimpse into how INNIO and its Waukesha brand support environmental, social, and governance (ESG) initiatives.
- Sponsoring Operation Honor: A Salute to Veterans. Each November, the City of Waukesha hosts a free dinner and musical performance for active-duty military personnel and veterans, as well as their family members and friends.
“Our nomination and subsequent win in SGA’s Community Service Award category is a testament to our collective efforts to support and uplift the City of Waukesha during difficult times,” said Bud Hittie, president and leader for INNIO’s Waukesha brand. “In the wake of a tremendous tragedy, the events that we sponsored or participated in provided members of the community with an opportunity to reestablish a sense of normalcy. We firmly believe that the Waukesha brand’s 117-year legacy is due in no small part to the people in our company’s hometown, and we feel privileged to have been able to help when needed.”
About INNIO Group (INNIO*)
INNIO* Group is a leading energy solution and service provider that empowers industries and communities to make sustainable energy work today. With our product brands Jenbacher* and Waukesha* and our digital platform myPlant*, INNIO offers innovative solutions for the power generation and compression segments that help industries and communities generate and manage energy sustainably while navigating the fast-changing landscape of traditional and green energy sources. INNIO is individual in scope, but global in scale. With our flexible, scalable, and resilient energy solutions and services, we enable our customers to manage the energy transition along the energy value chain wherever they are in their transition journey.
INNIO is headquartered in Jenbach (Austria), with other primary operations in Waukesha (Wisconsin, U.S.) and Welland (Ontario, Canada). A team of more than 4,000 experts provides life-cycle support to the more than 55,000 delivered engines globally through a service network in more than 100 countries.
INNIO’s ESG rating ranks first out of more than 500 worldwide companies in the machinery industry assessed by Sustainalytics. .
About Waukesha* – an INNIO* Group brand
INNIO* Group's Waukesha* products are at the forefront of the energy transition, providing reliable and compliant energy solutions for distributed gas compression and power generation applications. The brand’s rich- and lean-burn engines, ranging from 335 hp to 5,000 hp, set an industry standard for low emissions, high reliability, and fuel flexibility.
Waukesha products are continuously upgraded to help operators stay emission-compliant without sacrificing operational excellence. These upgrades include new and remanufactured engines and parts, as well as conversion and modification kits, all of which are backed by OEM warranty and more than 115 years of engine expertise. Additionally, our Waukesha digital solutions include a collaborative solution with Detechtion Technologies for gas compression applications and INNIO’s myPlant platform for power generation applications. Both solutions provide customers with enhanced monitoring and optimization capabilities, resulting in improved performance and reduced downtime.
We connect locally with our customers to enable a rapid response to their service needs, providing enhanced support through our broad network of distributors and solution providers with parts, services, and digital offerings. .
Waukesha products are engineered in Waukesha, Wisconsin, U.S., and manufactured in Welland, Ontario, Canada. To learn more about the company’s products and services, please visit INNIO’s website at www.waukeshaengine.com or follow Waukesha products on LinkedIn.
Copyright © 2023 Innio Waukesha Gas Engines Inc.
For further information please contact:
INNIO Waukesha Gas Engines Inc.
+1 262 422 7313
*INNIO, Jenbacher, Waukesha, and myPlant are trademarks of the INNIO Group or one of its affiliates. All other trademarks and company names are the property of their respective owners.