Type 4 B-Version Upgrade
Upgrading your Jenbacher Type 4 A-Version gas engine to the latest B-Version technology for gas mixture distribution, combustion and knock control can offer greater uptime, reliability, and performance.
What can this upgrade do for you?
- Increase Uptime.
Provides up to 1.5 percent more operating hours annually, based on current fleet analytics.
- Lower lifecycle costs.
- Improved piston ring and blow-by system designs can lower oil consumption by up to 50 percent, reduce combustion chamber deposit formation, and decrease oil carryover to the turbocharger and intercooler.
- Enhanced control algorithms, better mixture distribution to the cylinders, and improved piston and cylinder head designs provide increased resistance to combustion chamber deposits.
- Advanced blow-by and air filter concepts provide extended service intervals.
- Enhance engine performance.
More stable engine performance can be achieved over the life of the unit under varying fuel gas and ambient conditions.
- Additional power feed-in.
When an output increase is feasible, up to 5 percent boost in nominal power output can be obtained.
How we get you there?
The B-version upgrade packages, available in light and full versions, include a variety of enhancements as well as optional features.
*This enhancement – introduced in the second quarter of 2010 for all Type 4 engines – completely replaced the previous piston version.
The new piston concept may have already been applied to some engines during previous minor/major overhauls.
Upgrade applicable for all Type 4 A-Versions. Units manufactured before 2005 need to be checked individually.
Make sure this upgrade is compatible with your engine:
- Lower Operating Costs
- Increase Uptime
- Lifetime & Services Interval Extension
- Increase Power Output