Up to 50% extended service intervals
Waukesha's advanced crankcase breather system utilizes a closed breather system with an advanced filter and automatic regulating valve. This upgrade maintains a slight negative pressure in the crankcase, ridding it of harmful water vapors and combustion gases helps to prevent sludge buildup, oil contamination, and oil leaks. No adjustment is needed for changes in speed or load.
What can this upgrade do for you?
- Reduced oil blow-by. The breather separator assembly reduces oil blow-by as much as 90 percent compared to the previous system.
- Less oil contamination. The advanced breather design can help to significantly reduce oil contamination of the three-way catalyst element.
- Reduced coking. Because the breather system is connected to both turbocharger banks, the risk of coking the turbo and intake system is greatly reduced.
- Extended service intervals. While dependent on operating conditions, breather element service intervals are estimated to double to 8,000 hours.
- Fewer oil leaks. The crankcase vacuum is maintained across speed/load changes for enhanced sealing capability that results in reduced potential for crankcase oil leaks.
How we get you there?
The advanced crankcase breather system upgrade includes the following components:
- Breather pre-separator
- Crankcase pressure regulator valve
- Breather separator assembly
- Breather check valve
- Breather insulation blanket
- Breather system tubing
- Mounting brackets
This system is available for shallow or deep sump oil pans.
Built to Work
with enhanced reliability, availability and efficiency.
with extended service intervals and comprehensive engine upgrades.
with enhanced controls and performance improvements through data analytics.
At Waukesha, we’re working every day to design and build engines and programs that help power your tomorrow.
OUR LEGACY IS YOUR FUTURE