Rising energy costs and a high demand for power are major challenges for the steel industry. Gases created as “free” by-products during steel production processes serve as an attractive option for efficient power generation.
In addition to the economic benefit these gases provide, using them as engine fuel reduces industrial CO2 emissions and saves natural energy sources. INNIO offers specially modified Jenbacher gas engines that make efficient use of three different steel gases—coke gas, blast furnace gas, and converter gas—for combined generation of heat and electricity, while managing the gases’ varying compositions.
Features & Benefits
- Alternative disposal of a problem gas while simultaneously harnessing it as an energy source
- Reduced energy costs, and greater predictability and stability
- Efficient and economic combined heat and electricity supply
- High electrical efficiency compared to other power generation technology (e.g., steam or gas turbines)
- Full power in 10 minutes
- Considerably low gas pressure required
- Reduced greenhouse gas
- Long intervals between overhauls, due to simple, high-quality construction
OUR EXPERTS ARE READY TO HELP YOU
Whether your business is looking for onsite power solutions, access to electricity, decreased energy costs, or even to sell electricity back to your local grid/consumers, INNIO´s regional experts can advise you on which solution makes the most sense for you.
Get in touch for free consultation on the following:
- The benefits of onsite power generation solutions for your company
- Potential financial benefits using economic modeling
- Consultation on the technical side of your project - fuel types, feasibility studies, equipment and balance of plant selection, and more
- Regional incentive programs relevant to your business Options to deliver your project: purchasing, financing and leasing, engaging a service provider (ESCO, BOO etc.)
- How to meet emissions targets
Fill-in contact form, or send us an email email@example.com