VHP Advanced Crankcase Breather System Upgrade
INNIO’s advanced crankcase breather system maintains a slight negative pressure in the crankcase, ridding it of harmful water vapors and combustion gases, which help to prevent sludge buildup, oil contamination, and oil leaks.
What can this upgrade do for you?
- Reduced oil blow-by. The breather separator assembly reduces oil blow-by as much as 90 percent compared to the previous system.
- Less oil contamination. The advanced breather design can help to significantly reduce oil contamination of the three-way catalyst element.
- Reduced coking. Because the breather system is connected to both turbocharger banks, the risk of coking the turbo and intake system is greatly reduced.
- Extended service intervals. While dependent on operating conditions, breather element service intervals are estimated to double to 8,000 hours.
- Fewer oil leaks. The crankcase vacuum is maintained across speed/load changes for enhanced sealing capability that results in reduced potential for crankcase oil leaks.
How we get you there?
The advanced crankcase breather system upgrade includes the following components:
- Breather pre-separator
- Crankcase pressure regulator valve
- Breather separator assembly
- Breather check valve
- Breather insulation blanket
- Breather system tubing
- Mounting brackets