Type 6 E-Version Efficiency Increase
Upgrade of Jenbacher Type 6 E-Version engines based on the latest Type 6 F combustion, blow-by, gas & air inlet technology to increase the engine's electrical efficiency and thus reduce fuel gas consumption.
What can this upgrade do for you?
- Reduced fuel gas consumption.
Increased electrical engine efﬁciency lowers fuel gas cost by up to 3 percent.
- Lower lifecycle costs.
- Reduced oil consumption by up to 33 percent which is equal to up to 1,700L less oil consumption per year through improved power unit concept and blow-by system retrofit.
- Better prediction of unplanned events through crankcase and oil filter differential pressure monitoring.
- Extended service intervals through enhanced blow-by and air filter system.
- Reduced combustion chamber deposit formation and oil carry-over to the turbocharger and intercooler through the enhanced blow-by system.
- Higher flexibility in regards to gas quality variations
(full package only).
How we get you there?
The upgrade packages, available in light and full versions, include a variety of enhancements. It can be applied any time (light package)-ideally during a minor or major overhaul (full package)
This reduced bundle of measures can be applied during any scheduled service (recommendation is during a minor or major overhaul).
The complete bundle of measures is ideally applied during a major overhaul.
|Enhanced power unit concept with new steel piston design, piston rings, cylinder liner with scraper ring and connecting rods||✔||✔|
|Blow-by system retroﬁt light with exchangeable cartridges||✔|
|Enhanced monitoring capabilities through crankcase pressure sensor, and oil ﬁlter differential pressure sensor||✔||✔|
|Exchange to enhanced camshaft design||✔|
|Exchange/modiﬁcation of turbocharger||✔|
|Gas inlet system modification||✔|
|Enhanced air intake system||✔|
|Full blow-by filter system enhancement according to latest Type 6 technology standard||✔|
|OEM documentation update||✔||✔|
Upgrade applicable for all Type 6 E-Versions produced after 2003.