Upgrading your Jenbacher* Type 4 A-Version gas engine to the latest B-Version technology for gas mixture distribution, combustion and knock control can offer greater uptime, reliability, and performance.
What can this upgrade do for you?
- Increase Uptime.
Provides up to 1.5 percent more operating hours annually, based on current fleet analytics.
- Lower lifecycle costs.
- Improved piston ring and blow-by system designs can lower oil consumption by up to 50 percent, reduce combustion chamber deposit formation, and decrease oil carryover to the turbocharger and intercooler.
- Enhanced control algorithms, better mixture distribution to the cylinders, and improved piston and cylinder head designs provide increased resistance to combustion chamber deposits.
- Advanced blow-by and air filter concepts provide extended service intervals.
- Enhance engine performance.
More stable engine performance can be achieved over the life of the unit under varying fuel gas and ambient conditions.
- Additional power feed-in.
When an output increase is feasible, up to 5 percent boost in nominal power output can be obtained.
How we get you there?
The B-version upgrade packages, available in light and full versions, include a variety of enhancements as well as optional features.
*This enhancement – introduced in the second quarter of 2010 for all Type 4 engines – completely replaced the previous piston version.
The new piston concept may have already been applied to some engines during previous minor/major overhauls.
Upgrade applicable for all Type 4 A-Versions. Units manufactured before 2005 need to be checked individually.
Why Jenbacher Services?
Enhanced Efficiency and Lower Lifecycle Costs
Bringing proven outcomes across the life cycle of your engines means greater engine efficiency, reduced fuel usage and optimized maintenance intervals via our Conversions, Modifications & Upgrades offerings.
Emissions can be reduced with exhaust gas aftertreatment systems for example, oxidation or SCR catalysts, helping to meet emission regulations.
Best combined with your next service event or overhaul, our upgrades use only certified OEM parts for and are always based on your specific applications.
Controls and Asset Performance Management
Manage, monitor and control your engine. Our Controls simplify proactive maintenance planning and with myPlant, you can remotely calculate plant performance every day, with real-time intelligence.
Your local power generation experts.
Jenbacher gas engines have been delivered in 100-plus countries.
ENERGY SOLUTIONS. EVERYWHERE, EVERY TIME.