Upgrading your Jenbacher* Type 3 C-Version gas engine to the latest D-Version technology increases electrical efficiency, reducing the engine’s fuel gas consumption.
Additionally, the upgrade offers the possibility of applying a new maintenance schedule, extending engine life and reducing lifecycle costs.
What can this upgrade do for you?
- Improve profitability. The upgrade can handle challenges such as increasing gas prices and declining electricity feed-in tariffs, and can enhance overall economic viability of your unit.
- Reduce fuel gas consumption and increase engine efficiency—lowering fuel gas cost by up to 2.5 percent.
- Lower lifecycle costs. Extended service intervals result in a reduction in maintenance cost and maintenance downtime.
- Prolong your engine lifetime. The new maintenance schedule allows you to extend service intervals, shift the engine’s major overhaul to 80,000 oph and delay the overhaul investment.
How we get you there?
The upgrade for greater efficiency can be applied any time—ideally during a minor or major overhaul—and includes an engine upgrade, control software, and settings update.
Typical engine upgrade scope:
- Camshaft and cylinder head exchange
- Turbocharger and gas inlet (TecJet) modification
- Crankcase ventilation system upgrade (if applicable)
- Upgrade to electrical water pump (J312 only)
- OEM documentation update
If you opt to have this upgrade completed during a special, expanded scope overhaul at one of INNIO’s repair shops, you can also take advantage of an extended D-version maintenance schedule. This option is only available for released 50 Hz D-version engines running on natural gas or treated biogas.
Upgrade applicable for all Type 3 C-Versions with 1500rpm (50Hz) and grid-parallel operations. Island mode operations and container solutions require an individual check.
Why Jenbacher Services?
Enhanced Efficiency and Lower Lifecycle Costs
Bringing proven outcomes across the life cycle of your engines means greater engine efficiency, reduced fuel usage and optimized maintenance intervals via our Conversions, Modifications & Upgrades offerings.
Emissions can be reduced with exhaust gas aftertreatment systems for example, oxidation or SCR catalysts, helping to meet emission regulations.
Best combined with your next service event or overhaul, our upgrades use only certified OEM parts for and are always based on your specific applications.
Controls and Asset Performance Management
Manage, monitor and control your engine. Our Controls simplify proactive maintenance planning and with myPlant, you can remotely calculate plant performance every day, with real-time intelligence.
Your local power generation experts.
Jenbacher gas engines have been delivered in 100-plus countries.
ENERGY SOLUTIONS. EVERYWHERE, EVERY TIME.