You have important data. We do, too.
Why choose INNIO to power your data center?
Your data center needs more energy than ever before, but the push for wind, solar, and other renewable electricity generation can lead to instability in the electric grid.
Fortunately, INNIO has a solution. Our gas engine power plants offer fast starts, fuel flexibility—and cleaner onsite power generation.
That´s why more and more data center operators and owners are turning to the experts at INNIO.
Our Energy and Emissions Solution – Gas Engines for Data Centers
With significantly lower emissions and the option of longer run times—compared to standby diesel-fueled generators—INNIO’s 3 MW J620 fast-start natural gas generators can deliver highly efficient and cost-effective electricity when and where you need it. In addition, they can provide benefits to the electric grid, allowing participation in demand response, curtailable tariffs and emergency standby activities, all while avoiding peak charges.
It’s no wonder, then, that INNIO’s J620 natural gas generators are gaining traction with data center and grid operators around the globe. In fact, INNIO has already delivered many of our easy-to-install, containerized, and integrated J620 package solutions worldwide.
INNIO´s hydrogen powergen solutions for data centers
With more than 50 years of experience and expertise in the conversion of alternative fuels into electricity, INNIO’s data center solutions that use hydrogen can replace the need for fossil fueled backup power.
Dual fuel – Hydrogen & Natural Gas
2 options now available:
- H2 blended up to 60 Vol% H2, up to 2 MW
- Flexible fuel to 100% H2, up to 1 MW
100% Hydrogen, 1 MW
- Zero carbon emissions with green H2
- >95% NOx reduction compared to Tier 2 Diesel
How can our onsite gas generators benefit your data center?
INNIO’s regional experts can advise you on the solution that best fits your needs—whether your business is looking for onsite power solutions, access to electricity, an offset for OPEX costs, or a way to sell electricity back to your local grid/consumers. Talk to our experts to find out how INNIO can help you:
- Meet emissions targets
- Understand and unlock the benefits of our onsite power generation solutions
- Recognize and reap the financial benefits of economic modeling
- Take advantage of any regional incentive programs relevant to your business
- Boost project success with our consultation services, including: technical consulting, purchasing, financing, leasing, and engaging with utilities and service providers
Interested in our solutions?
Lower emissions with a path to zero carbon emissions
- Natural gas, fast start backup power, 1.5 MW to 3.3 MW
- 25% CO2 reduction compared to Tier 2 diesel engine
- 90% NOx reduction compared to Tier 2 diesel engine
NOx can be a limiting factor for DC campus permitting
An energy insurance policy that can be monetized
- Offset your long-term data center OPEX
- Provide leverage and solutions with your dispatchable, behind-the-meter asset for:
- Energy markets
- Capacity markets
- Demand response
- Grid balancing benefits
- Intermittent renewable generation additions
- Island away from the electricity grid
- Parallel or provide electricity to the electricity grid
Fast start delivers during transitions from battery/UPS
- Fast-start: reach full electrical load, 1.5 MW to 3.3 MW in less than 45 seconds
- Maintain high quality power with fast transient response
Excellent reliability means better performance with less risk
- Robust, highly reliable infrastructure with below-ground natural gas grid
- Significantly reduced risk of run time limitations and refueling with built-in storage for natural gas grid
- Low probability of correlated failure of natural gas and electric grids
- Proven technology: 64,000+ INNIO gas engines installed globally
With proven benefits:
- Direct delivery. We can ship our containerized genset solutions directly to your data center site.
- Easy installation. Our modular and scalable solutions make for faster, easier installation.
- Fully tested. Our containerized genset is tested at the factory prior to shipping.
- Trusted expertise. Our team has gained significant installation and commissioning experience at hyper-scale data centers around the globe.
- Life cycle services. As the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of our engines—produced in EMEA and North America—we provide full life cycle services that you can trust.
TÜV study on the use of INNIO Jenbacher gas engines as emergency power generators in data centers
An individual application analysis has reinforced INNIO Jenbacher’s claim that data centers can use engines to supply backup power, primary power, or a combination of both.
Data center operation places high demands on engine start and stop times, load absorption, and load shedding. Plus, they require excellent power output as well as electrical and overall efficiency.
Jenbacher engines meet standards with reliable solution
INNIO Jenbacher commissioned the technical inspection association TÜV Informationstechnik GmbH (TÜViT | TÜV NORD GROUP) to study the suitability of gas-powered systems for emergency power supply in high-availability data centers. Prepared in close cooperation with TÜV NORD EnSys, the study concluded that INNIO Jenbacher engines, when configured to satisfy specific data center performance requirements, meet DIN 6280-13, DIN 6280-14, IEC 8528- 5, and IEC 60364-7-710 requirements as well as the TÜViT's TSI.STANDARD as outlined in the report. Because the German gas network does not represent a limitation of availability, local gas storage can be dispensed up to requirement level B or 3 as defined in the TSI catalog.
The engines’ characteristics were examined in terms of voltage and frequency stability, connectable power according to performance class as well as the TÜViT criteria catalog TSI.STANDARD V4.3.
If you would like to see more detailed study results, please complete our contact form.