Making coal mining cleaner.
They are a big win for the coal mine industry. And they are a big win for the environment. They are specially modified Jenbacher gas engines.
Mining coal is a dangerous, dirty job, with the methane gas byproduct usually vented to the atmosphere and contributing to global warming. But with Jenbacher gas engines, mining operators can capture hazardous coal mine gas and use it to generate more than enough heat and power for safer, more efficient and environmentally friendlier mining operations. And excess heat and power can then be routed to a district heating system and public utility grid to earn additional revenue.
- Enhance mine worker safety
- Deploy optional gas conditioning
- Harness methane as an alternative energy source
- Benefit from flexible contractual service agreements
- Avoid the need to dispose of harmful and explosive coal mine gas
- Reduce energy production footprint with compact low-weight units
- Operate smoothly even with fluctuations in gas pressure and content
- Yield up to 43% electrical efficiency and as high as 90% for CHP systems
- Earn carbon credits, reduce tariffs, and profit from selling excess heat and power to public utilities
Our experts are ready to help you!
Looking for onsite power solutions? Check.
Need access to electricity? We’re there for you.
Want to lower your energy costs, or even sell electricity back to your local grid? Check … check.
INNIO’s regional experts can help you figure out the Jenbacher solution that best meets your needs. With a free consultation, you can:
- Explore the advantages of onsite power generation solutions for your company
- Discover how to use economic modeling for added financial benefit
- Get answers on the technical aspects of your project—including fuel types, feasibility studies, and equipment and balance of plant selection
- Learn how to take advantage of regional incentive programs
- Review the delivery options for your project: purchasing, financing, leasing, and engaging a service provider, such as ESCO or BOO
- Find out how to meet emissions targets
Resources & Downloads
Coal Mine Gas Brochure (EN)EnglishCoal Mine Gas Brochure (EN)
Consult an expert.
Send us a message and we’ll contact you to start the conversation.
Whether your business is looking for onsite power solutions, access to electricity, decreased energy costs, or even to sell electricity back to your local grid/consumers, Jenbacher regional experts can advise you on which solution makes the most sense for you.