Chemistry is a fact of life. It’s a fact of energy, too.
Demanding energy needs and their rising costs constitute a major challenge to the steel industry. To meet the challenge, the high volume of coke, blast furnace, and converter gases created in steel production can be captured and used to efficiently fuel power generation. In addition to the economic benefit, using these gases to power engines instead of simply disposing of them reduces industrial CO2 emissions. INNIO's portfolio includes Jenbacher gas engine packages that can run on these gases, helping the steel industry to operate more efficiently and more cleanly.
- Harnesses by-product gas as an alternative energy source to conventional fuels, avoiding the need to dispose of this problem gas
- Efficient and economic combined heat and power (CHP) solution supplies independent power
- High electrical efficiency compared to other power generation technology
- Predictable and stable electrical output from a few hundred kilowatts up to 10 MW
- Notably low gas pressure required
- High potential for the reduction of greenhouse gases
OUR EXPERTS ARE READY TO HELP YOU
Whether your business is looking for onsite power solutions, access to electricity, decreased energy costs, or even to sell electricity back to your local grid/consumers, INNIO´s regional experts can advise you on which solution makes the most sense for you.
Get in touch for free consultation on the following:
- The benefits of onsite power generation solutions for your company
- Potential financial benefits using economic modeling
- Consultation on the technical side of your project - fuel types, feasibility studies, equipment and balance of plant selection, and more
- Regional incentive programs relevant to your business
- Options to deliver your project: purchasing, financing and leasing, engaging a service provider (ESCO, BOO etc.)
- How to meet emissions targets
Fill-in contact form, or send us an email email@example.com