Making coal mining cleaner.
They are a big win for the coal mine industry. And they are a big win for the environment. They are specially modified Jenbacher gas engines.
Mining coal is a dangerous, dirty job, with the methane gas byproduct usually vented to the atmosphere and contributing to global warming. But with INNIO's Jenbacher gas engines, mining operators can capture hazardous coal mine gas and use it to generate more than enough heat and power for safer, more efficient and environmentally friendlier mining operations. And excess heat and power can then be routed to a district heating system and public utility grid to earn additional revenue.
- Enhance mine worker safety
- Deploy optional gas conditioning
- Harness methane as an alternative energy source
- Benefit from flexible contractual service agreements
- Avoid the need to dispose of harmful and explosive coal mine gas
- Reduce energy production footprint with compact low-weight units
- Operate smoothly even with fluctuations in gas pressure and content
- Yield up to 43% electrical efficiency and as high as 90% for CHP systems
- Earn carbon credits, reduce tariffs, and profit from selling excess heat and power to public utilities
OUR EXPERTS ARE READY TO HELP YOU
Whether your business is looking for onsite power solutions, access to electricity, decreased energy costs, or even to sell electricity back to your local grid/consumers, INNIO´s regional experts can advise you on which solution makes the most sense for you.
Get in touch for free consultation on the following:
- The benefits of onsite power generation solutions for your company
- Potential financial benefits using economic modeling
- Consultation on the technical side of your project - fuel types, feasibility studies, equipment and balance of plant selection, and more
- Regional incentive programs relevant to your business
- Options to deliver your project: purchasing, financing and leasing, engaging a service provider (ESCO, BOO etc.)
- How to meet emissions targets
Fill-in contact form, or send us an email email@example.com